Hello, my name is Justine, I am a celebrant based in Sydney. Congratulations on becoming engaged. When I became a celebrant 4 years ago, I was the youngest celebrant in NSW.
I have a creative and collaborative approach, and write each ceremony from scratch with the couple. I help couples design and tailor a celebration that reflects what they want in a ceremony. I enjoy encouraging your input as much as possible, so that your ceremony is original, genuine and meaningful. I am also passionate about marriage equality, and hope that it becomes a reality soon.
I have plenty of ideas for incorporating rituals both traditional and modern, and am curious to hear yours. Please don’t hesitate to contact me for an obligation free meeting where we can discuss your ideal ceremony. You can read testimonials here.
5 words on your style/approach
Genuine, flexible, original, tailor made, organised, creative
A little on your process
- An obligation free phone or Skype call, or meeting in the city or my local area. (Optional).
- We meet to discuss what you would like your ceremony to be like, we sign the Notice of Intended Marriage, I explain legalities, forms, and ask you a few questions to get a feel for your style. A $200 deposit is payable to confirm a booking.
- Ongoing communication where we send the draft ceremony back and forth. We can also meet again to discuss more ideas for ceremony if necessary.
- Rehearsal, we also sign more legal documents.
- Ceremony, I arrive approximately 1 hour before, speak to those playing a role in the ceremony, set up my PA System if necessary.
- After the ceremony, I finalise the paperwork and send payment to Births, Deaths & Marriages, and organise for them to post you your wedding certificate securely.
Areas of service and travel policy
Based in Sydney, also able to perform weddings outside of Sydney in NSW and interstate subject to availability and for extra travel costs. Please email me with the venue and date so I can send a quote including travel costs.
For a wedding within 50km of the CDB of Sydney, including certificate fees, it is approximately $800.