If you think DIY and ‘modern wedding’ don’t belong in the same sentence, think again. This fab little perspex menu how-to from our friends at Lenzo is the perfect project for a contemporary celebration. A far cry from the crafty look usually associated wedding DIY, this clean, minimal design can be adapted to a range of styles. Choose a fresh botanic theme, gilded elements or any modern accents to best suit your look.
What you’ll need
- 2 x Perspex sheets (we used A5 sheets, 2mm thick)
- Written/printed A5 menu
- Fine paint marker (we used UNI Paint Marker in white)
- Greenery to go between the Perspex sheets (we used a mini monstera leaf)
- 8 x mini round metallic magnets
Step by step
1. Position one perspex sheet over the written menu.
2. Give the paint marker a good shake then trace the menu artwork onto the Perspex sheet. Let paint dry for 5 minutes.
3. Position the leaf (or chosen element) in between the two perspex sheets, placing the written perspex menu on top.
4. At each corner of the menu, fix the mini gold magnets on either side of the perspex to join them together.
TIP: We also threw a little confetti in between but you can add what ever you like in between the Perspex – flower petals, confetti, even photos! But remember, keep whatever you put in between simple, you don’t want to draw away from the menu artwork.
Concept and images Lenzo |